Reiki $90 / 60 minutes
Rei | universal
ki | life force
Dr Mikao Usui founded this natural healing system in Japan in the 1920s.
It was originally founded as a way of living with certain principles and a bi-product of this was healing. Utilising the methods within the Reiki system, healing energy is transferred via the hands to another. Reiki energy comes from the healing energy of the universe. It is through the process of receiving the Reiki energy that you will gain assistance in rejuvenating the body, mind and spirit by clearing blocks that may be creating a sense of general disharmony.
The most immediate and greatest health benefit of Reiki is stress reduction along with a sense of deep relaxation. Reiki may also benefit in the following areas:
- Accelerates the body’s natural ability to heal – can reduce recovery time after surgery, chemotherapy or illness, and can speed healing time of wounds
- Helps relieve pain, particularly helpful for migraine and chronic back pain
- Promotes deep relaxation through assisting the body to release stress and tension, improves the quality of sleep
- Boosts energy levels and supports the immune system
- Lowers blood pressure
- Assists the body in cleansing itself of toxins
- Aids mental clarity, eases depression and insomnia
- Eases addiction, and issues relating to self esteem
- Promotes a sense of calm and well being, helps to restore balance and harmony within oneself
- Aids spiritual growth and emotional clearing, raises the vibrational frequency of the body
- Can be used safely in conjunction with conventional medicine without contraindication
- Reiki empowers the receiver to take responsibility for their own health and well being as well as promoting self development
Reiki energy heals on all levels, and it doesn’t put a band-aid over the problem. It actually heals the cause of the problem. The only limit that Reiki has is it will not go where it’s not wanted. If a patient is close minded and comes to a Reiki session to prove that they cannot be healed, then obviously, Reiki will not work for them.
Many people lead very hectic, disharmonious lives. Emotional highs and stressful situations alternative at frequent intervals and are so marked that the intensity of the experiences themselves place too great a strain on our nerves and organs. With time these situations, if repeated often enough, result in apathy, an attitude of resistance and cynicism. Release is usually sought by pursuing superficial experiences. This search creates even more stress because no lasting contentment or harmony is found in these experiences. Thus life is run either by our craving for outside stimuli, or by our resistance to truly experiencing them. Whatever we experience only satisfies us temporarily and for the most part cannot be integrated into our deeper nature, because it has little to do with the real lessons we are here to learn in this lifetime.
Reiki reduces the extreme highs and lows of life if it is applied regularly. Gradually a lifestyle is developed which is balanced inwardly as well as outwardly. By becoming more in tune with your inner Self, stress and the feeling of being out of touch simply disappear. The quality of your life improves as you are more easily integrating the experiences which cross your path. A sense of peace arises as you realise that the lessons you have learned enrich your personality. Physical and mental afflictions improve and often disappear or are suddenly cured by medical means which so far may have been ineffective without the boost Reiki provides.